What is Persona?
Persona is an application that offers web-to-host connectivity. It allows an end-user to connect to a vendor's back end system directly via terminal emulation.
This is helpful if you want to create and send an order electronically, restart a suspended order, check to see if we have a part number in stock, check your price on a part, print or view an invoice or statement or view your backorders.
Before you install Persona it is important that you find out which version of the Operating System you have. If you are running Windows XP or a previous version of Windows then you are probably running a 32-bit Operating System (OS). If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7 it is likely that you have a 64-bit version. If you are running 64-bit you need to install the Java Client. If you are running 32-bit, you can install either version (the Java Client or the Persona Windows Client).
Please Click Here to go to the Persona Java Client
The most common issues with the Persona Java Client are:
* Make sure you have the latest Java Client and updates (contact your computer support person).
* The computer it is being installed on hasn’t been rebooted in a long time and needs it before the install.
* The router at the place of business needs to be rebooted (contact your computer support person).
* VirusScan software is preventing it.
* A firewall is preventing it.
Please Click Here to Download the Persona Windows Client
Known Issues with the Persona Windows Client
* You may receive a WSA_TIMEDOUT error message when you try to connect to Persona:
* If you are running WindowsXP, you may need to turn off your Windows firewall – or add an exception for the Persona Windows Client.
* If you are running Norton Internet Securities, you will need to turn this off in order to connect to Persona.
* If you are running any other firewall (i.e. ZoneAlarm or on your router for high speed internet access) you will either need to turn it off or add an exception in order to connect to Persona.